Monday, November 03, 2008

A quickie knit

love it
This is the Seaweed Cowl by Elizabeth at Trailing Yarns. The new hot to knit item for the holidays is the cowl. This one knits up beautifully and quickly.

Swcowl
This yarn is 100% Uruguayan Handpainted merino wool that I found here on ebay. The yarn has been in the stash for a while. The colors are the perfect seaweed colors with the greens and flashes of orange and turquoise. It reminds me of snorkling and the brilliance that lays just off the shore.

SW upclose
I have a deep appreciation for the genius that is Ravelry. This is the online community for those who love yarn and how I found this pattern. It is an enormous resource for patterns and connecting to a whole world of stitchers near and far. I am also very thankful in these times that my stash box, ahem, I mean boxes, runneth over. There is belt tightening these days but never fear the knits will still keep coming with a little creative thought, stash diving, and the help of Ravelry.

If you are on Ravelry and would like a new friend I'm Woolanthrope. Look me up. See you there!

No comments: