Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lending Library

It's good to have friends that love to read. My best bibliophile friend is Mitch. He is also my personal lending library. When he came to pick me up yesterday for our day out he brought me two new books to read.

library 1
The Boat by Nam Le

&

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson

I am in the midst of Blind Willow Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami. I love the worlds Murakami creates. Don't you? If you are not familiar with Murakami I would highly recommend Kafka on the Shore. I think it's one of his best.

Other great lends I have read this year that I highly recommend are:
The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff
Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith

Thank you Mitch for keeping this bibliophile with great reads by my bed. I love you and I am so glad I have you in my life, even if you didn't read. But I am so glad you do and with a great nose for good reads and the generosity to share them.

No comments: