Friday, February 27, 2009

FO = Finished Object

That's knitter's lingo and I have two finished objects done.





























My Fake Isle Hat.
Yarns: Cascade 220 in Dark Brown & Noro Kureyon 164
Needles: Size 7 16-inch circulars and dpns (double pointed needles)
Notes: It is a quick pattern. The pattern gives a regular hat a little bit of interest to knit with the easy to follow pattern charts. I love the use of Noro and the striping effect. It is a bit tight through the crown which I am hoping will loosen up a little in the blocking process.































The Puff Daddy

Yarns: Rowan Big Wool in pink and Queensland Collection Soft Comfort Mohair (617)
Needles: 2 size 15 dpns
Clover Pom Pom Maker
Notes: I love this pattern. It is quick (you can do this in an hour or so) and produces one of the cutest scarflettes ever! The pompom is so fabulous. The next time I need a quickie knit for a gift this is the Go To Pattern for me.

This particular Pink Puff Daddy is a donation for Knit for the Cure. Knit for the Cure is collecting donations at LYSs to sell at Race for the Cure this March in Pasadena. Donations are due by Saturday March 7. Call your LYS to find out if they are a donation collection site or check on Knit for the Cure.

It's going to be hard to part with this pink cutey. It's almost like giving up a stuffed animal because it is that adorable and somehow comforting. I hope it brings in a few bucks for the cure and stylish amusement to someone special.

No comments: