Thursday, August 06, 2009

Goods Eats & Art

There has been lots of birthday celebrating around these parts. On Monday night we had birthday dinner at Mozza Osteria. They have a great deal for dinner at the bar. Every Monday through Wednesday Osteria Mozza is offering a special three-course menu exclusively at the "Amaro Bar." Choose one item from Nancy's Mozzarella Bar (or share the Mozzarella Tasting for two), one Pasta, a Dessert and a glass of either Bastianich Friulano or La Mozza Morellino di Scansano for $35 (plus tax and service). No reservations are necessary; the seats at the bar are available on a first come first served basis so walk on in!

It's really a great way to go because you can wait up to four weeks to get a reservation. The hubby has the red wine (Sansano) and I had the white (Bastianich). from the Mozzarella Bar we had the Smoked Mozzarella with prosciutto & the Burrata with grilled asparagus, brown butter, guanciale & Sicilian almonds. The entrees were Maltagliati with wild boar ragu' & Ricotta Gnudi with wild spinach. For dessert, Torta della Nonna with honeycomb & pine nuts & Cannoli filled with coffee, caramel, and choclate chip gelato. Everything was very delicious. We did order a little more wine because we were celebrating. My favorites of the evening were the Burrata, the Gnudi, and the Torta della Nonna.

After dinner the hubby took me to the Apple store and bought me an iphone!























Here's my first picture from the phone. He's the best for buying me a present for his birthday! It was a really fun night.

On Tuesday we went to LACMA to see Pompeii and the Roman Villa, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We even did the audio tour. The hubby hadn't seen the Broad Contemporary yet so we walked through there too. Your Bright Future: 12 Contemporary Artists from Korea had some really interesting pieces in it. I loved Needle Woman and one of the installations invites you to sit down and knit. Love that! We didn't stay and knit because we were hungry.

On the way out we did check out the interesting & colorful installation of plastic wares.






















It really beckons you to be a kid again and run through the hanging garlands of plastica ala 99cent Store.























So we did.























It was a great day at the museum.

But let's talk about my latest obsession. My iphone! I love it. I get reception at my house in the canyon, which I never did before. It takes pretty decent pictures. Anyone got any recommendations for apps? It's a whole new world and I am having fun exploring it. It is almost as much fun as running through bright colored plastic colanders, cups, and pails on a string.

No comments: