Thursday, August 28, 2008

I am knitting something

Before I kicked out of the Knitter's Union, I thought I better post about something on the needles.

Photobucket
This is the Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl. It is still a work in progress with maybe one skein to g0. The yarn is Noro Silk Garden and, boy, is it lovely. This is my first real big outing with Noro and now I know what the Noro mania is all about. I find the Kureyon pretty scratchy but the Silk Garden gives you the fabulous colorways without the scratchiness. My inspiration for the shawl came from through the loops If you are into sock patterns you have to check out Through the Loops. Really, you sock knitters go there now

What I really want to talk about is my new needles.
Photobucket
Yep, Knit Picks Options
They are great. I am a big fan of the Addi's but I was needing lots o' needles lately and that adds up. Carlita Dee bought some Options and told me I needed to get some. She is wise in these matters so I got my Options. I LOVE them. Really and truly.
Photobucket
The tips are sharper than the regular Addi's, which makes knitting faster and easier. I started this shawl on Addi's and then switched over to the Options on a 60-inch cable. Whoa, there was a noticeable difference in the ease of knitting due to the fabulous tips. You can also buy extra needles and cables for the sizes you use most. No more switching out projects to stitch holders when you need that size 8 needle, just snap on the extra needles to the extra cable and start knitting. It's genius!

6 comments:

Christie said...

I love my Options too...the point was a huge selling point for me...and I'm so happy with them.

The feather and fan is so pretty.

Jean said...

I love Noro's Silk Garden as well --- the colors are amazing and the feel of the knitted fabric is so nice. Beautiful pattern!

Question about Options --- do you get any snagging at the place where the needles are connected to the cable?

Ellen Bloom said...

I saw the shawl IN PERSON last night at our WeHo SnB and it is INDEED beautiful!!! Congratulations on a goregeous project, Ms. Natalie!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!! Your shawl looks just beautiful. Now I'm off to check out Through the Loops. And thanks for the info. on the Knit Picks needles. I like a good, sharp point on mine, too.

carlita dee said...

That is one sexy shawl. That's what Mira said.

carlita dee said...

But I think she just wants to eat it up.