Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Spin Cycle

On the drive up to Big Sur, we stopped at Village Spinning and Weaving in Solvang. In order to keep practicing my spinning I needed more wool. In spin class we had been using a white coopworth, so I picked up white and light. The light coopworth is a silvery gray. With my new bag of white I thought I might try dyeing with Kool-Aid. Sounds like fun, right?














This is a coopworth sheep. What a cutey!












































On my last night of spinning class last week I did my first plying. This is my double ply on and off the bobbin. The plying is the easier than the actual spinning.




























We also did a chain ply, which is also called Navajo ply, and is similar to crocheting a chain.













As my spinning adventures continue I will share what I have spun up.

No comments: