Friday, November 27, 2009

Red Alert

It seems that I have jumped on the bandwagon rather late but I am knitting up a red scarf for the Orphans Foundation of America. The Red Scarf Project provides the scarves for the OFA's Valentine's Care Packages, which go to young adults who have moved out of the foster care system and into college. This year they are short on scarves!!! So I have been knitting furiously the past two days and making good progress.


























Maybe you will have time to knit a scarf up too.
The deadline is December 15, 2009 and is fast approaching.

Send scarves to:

Orphan Foundation of America
The Red Scarf Project
21351 Gentry Drive
Sterling, VA 20166

I hope everyone is doing well post-food frenzy. We had a delicious dinner although it was not without some hiccups in the kitchen for me. My fool proof pie dough recipe proved too much for this fool. The overworked wet ball of dough went straight into the trash and I hopped into the car to buy pie crust. Thank you, Mrs. Smith for helping me out. Then I overcooked the Brussels sprouts a bit but nobody seemed to notice and complimented me on them. My biggest fan of the evening was Cameron, my cousin's 11-year old son, who ate three slices of my sweet potato pie! Love that kid. That's the kind of appreciation a cook craves.

No comments: