Friday, March 06, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday















Gran's 81st Birthday (February, 1971)
back left to right: Aunt Mary Lynne, Grandma's arm, Mom, Robert, Aunt Pat, and Cory.
bottom left to right: Great Gran and me.

This is my Great Grandmother's 81st birthday party. She was known as Great Gran to me. I am four years old and have no recollection of the party. It looks like the party is at my Great Aunt Pat's house. I think my dad probably took this photo. I am clearly more interested in looking at everyone's faces rather than at the cameras. There are four generations in this photo.

One of the details of the photo that I love is the little bit of chandelier in the upper right hand corner. Of course, I just love seeing a slice of my family. My Great Gran lived another 24 years and I do remember being at the parties for years 90 and up.

For more Vintage Photos.

Note to Mom, if you remember any details of this party please share.

No comments: