Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Husband declares Love

for Ben Roethlisberger




















Last night we decided to go to Loteria Grill's new restaurant on Hollywood Blvd. Our house is down the street from Grauman's Chinese Theater, which is famously on Hollywood Blvd. Last night there was a Monday night premiere of Watchmen. (Monday night? Weird.) The westbound side of the street was blocked to traffic but the eastbound side drove right past the red carpet so we had a great view. We mostly saw the backs of starlets as they worked the press line. We recognize no one. As we got toward, what was the beginning of the red carpet, my hubby says to me, "There is Ben Roethlisberger!!"

I look and reply, "That is Ben Roethlisberger."

He then proceeds to roll down the window and shout very loudly,

"BEN! BEN! WE LOVE YOU!!! BEN! WE LOVE YOU!!!

HERE WE GO, STEELERS! HERE WE GO! *clap clap*

HERE WE GO, STEELERS! HERE WE GO! *clap clap*"

Me...I am dying and shrinking down in my seat. I am nervously laughing as a police officer shines a flashlight into our car. A few moments earlier we were slightly mocking the people standing on the opposite side of the street trying to snap a picture of whomever is in this movie and the next my hubby becomes one of those people. A bona fide FAN. For a second, I thought he might jump out of the car, which he is driving, to give Ben a hug.

We move on. He calls a friend. He has to share.
He laments the fact that he doesn't have a Terrible Towel in the car, so that he could have made a bigger spectacle of himself.
The excitement runs all through dinner.

Yeah, I am married to that guy.

No comments: