Sunday, January 06, 2008

Breath of God

Photobucket

Yes. You can believe your eyes. This is a tin of Scripture Mints and it is not a joke. My friend Charissa lives in Texas. She sent them to me. You can pick up your Scripture Mints at many a checkout counter. No Lie.

Photobucket

Each tin contains a bible verse and the mints are shaped like fish. You know, the one you find on the back of cars. This verse is Isaiah 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it"...and with an intense wintergreen taste. You can check out other fine products at Scripture Candy.

Charissa tells me there is a Testamint Gum too.

What an interesting world we live in.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Geez, I've always found religion rhetoric hard to swallow but now you can even choke on it! And of course these are from Texas...I'll have to send my mom (a church secretary) the link to their website. Maybe they can pass them out after communion to get the grape juice taste out of everyone's mouth so it doesn't mingle with the taste of the Sanka imbibed during the post-service coffee social ...

Ellen Bloom said...

I've seen these at the gift shop of our L.A. Cathedral. One of my friends calls them "Sacra-Mints." LOL