This is the first time I have been tagged for a meme. Ellen got me.
Here are the rules: The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago? Full time grad student & part time front desk at an office. Didn’t know how to knit or crochet. GASP! I know it’s hard to believe. I feel like I have been doing this my whole life.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today? Go to market & office; start abstract; cut fabric for didgeridoo; watch EuroCup Germany v. Portugal
3) Snacks I enjoy: Cookies; ice cream, especially mint chocolate chip; raw almonds; farmer’s market trail mix; chocolate covered goji berries; chips and salsa. This list could get really long, really fast.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: The usual things like pay off debts & send nephew to college. Buy a villa in Umbria with some land and olives trees. Go to culinary school, but which one? Cordon Bleu or CIA? Attend Penland School of Craft. Cook, craft, & do yoga in my artist loft in Umbria. Visitors are welcome.
5) Places I have lived: I am a native Angelena. A year in Las Vegas (fieldwork). Four years in Raleigh, NC.
6) Jobs I have had: hair model for Sebastian (Does anyone remember Cassandra 2000? Did anyone carry a big can of Shaper in their purse?); bartender; casino cocktail server; PBX operator for Nordstrom; retail whore for Benetton & Nordstrom. As a joke I once said I was a fluff girl on my 10-year high school reunion questionnaire. That backfired on me when it was printed in the reunion program. I don’t think it helped that I showed up looking like a big tranny (picture navy blue chiffon dress like Marilyn’s but shorter, platform shoes, Shirley Temple curls, false eyelashes and ultra-tan after a trip to Cuba) and my date was a woman.
7) Friends I want to know more about: We all run with the same she-wolves so come on girls get your howl/meme on. Of course anyone else that would like to share is more than welcome.
This is a picture of my sugar pup, Tank, sleeping with her Bobo.
I love this dog.