Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Natalie & Julia

Don't worry I will not be attempting to move through Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child in 365 days. Although I did pick up both volumes at an estate sale last year and Volume Two was a first edition. Score! I love Julia Child and this is the summer to celebrate her.

























































My friend Darcy invited me to be in a book club and the first book is Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell. You might be familiar with Julie's story of blogging her way through Julia Child's recipes and heard of a little movie by the same title starring Meryl Streep coming out August 7. Being a fan of Meryl Streep I was looking forward to the movie and the invitation to the book club is just perfect timing.

I was already in the vortex of Julia Child by watching The French Chef from Netflix.




























These episodes are classic and a far cry from the slick productions you see on the Food Network. It is 100% Julia at her best, slicing potatoes and making them three kinds of ways from Sunday. Since I am in the immersion cycle of all things Julia I picked up My Life in France by Julia Child too.





























Bon appétit!

No comments: