Thursday, April 09, 2009

Purification

by FIRE


















and WATER












Spin Class: Day 2
The burn...oh the burn. Today I knew what I was in for, so I kicked it up a notch. Just a notch, mind you, but whoa what a notch will do. Class was easier today because I knew what to expect. I was able to stay in the moment, breathe, and not look at the clock every ten minutes. This time I managed to look at the clock every 20 minutes. There were a couple of moments when I completely spaced out and vigorously propelled myself through time on that stationary bike. We did crunches, while peddling. What?! That takes serious coordination. For me, there is nothing like a good, cleansing sweat. The kind of sweat that is pure and clean and runs over you like a waterfall. It feels good to be alive and to move my body in a new and engaging way. Still, I would rather fold myself up like a pretzel in yoga class. At the same time, I know I need to tune up the old cardiovascular system and burn some excess winter storage. So I think I will try and keep up a couple of spinning classes a week.

What do you do to for health and longevity?
Trying anything new?

I soooo want to try hula hooping!
and aerial fitness where you spin around on silks!


Photos by:
Flames by Naveen Roy; Waterfall: Sandcut Beach by quas

No comments: