Saturday, May 08, 2010

Take a Picture

This past week, I had the good fortune to take a Photography Workshop with Gale Zucker. Gale is a super fab photographer who shot the photos in Shear Spirit. Shear Spirit is a great book that makes you want to chuck it all in and have an alpaca farm in some deeply green and hilly place and dye your handspun fibers in an antique bathtub, but I digress. Ellen, Ana, and I drove up to Santa Barbara for the day to the Loop & Leaf for the workshop on how to better photograph our fiber and knitwear.

This is my Crochet Scarf made from I Love This Wool yarn from the Hobby Lobby courtesy Miss Carla and the pattern is pure Ellen Bloom based on the building block of fashion...the granny square. Carla made the same scarf in a different colorway and I just had to do one too.



























































































The workshop was amazing. Gale is just as fantastic a teacher as she is a photographer and gave us great information, tips, and tricks. Everyone seemed to be having a blast taking photos. I know I enjoyed every moment of the day.

The photos following are
Clapotis on a tree
Madeline Tosh yarn tone on tone
Loop and Leaf...a beautiful yarn store filled with lusciousness and friendly people.














No comments: