Saturday, September 19, 2009

Praying for cooler weather

from the Fall Issue of Vogue Knitting
The Side Cable Hat by Mari Muinonen














Yarn: Noro Silk Garden in 84 (my new favorite colorway).
Needles: 6 & 8















This is my new favorite hat. There is something about bobbles that tickle me and make me smile. Now if the weather would please turn cooler, I would be forever in Mother Nature's debt. My plea is not just so I can wear fabulous woolen accessories, but because our 20 year old A/C unit has died. It is going to cost a pretty penny and thousands more to replace. Yes, it's fixing days are over. I am on a first name basis with the A/C miracle man, Gary, but this time it's a costly fix or replace decision. We are trying to ride out the hot, but Los Angeles in September can be one of our hottest months. Next week, there is supposed to be triple digits, which means it is that hot or more in the house. I worry about my critters now in the 80+ degree house as we all sprawl around the floors laying quietly and panting. Next week...UGH! I am a sweaty, red faced woman, chanting and dancing for rain and my dance is furious.

Please send your rain clouds and cool breezes in this direction if you happen by one or two.
Many thanks.

No comments: