Thursday, June 04, 2009

You've got to Move it Move it













Want to Move it too?
Join the fun.

Alexis of Knot Sew Crafty is moving it too! She's a cool chick so I thought I would join her, Pip (the hostess), and some others in some good old fashioned exercise. Pip's only requirement is walking 20 minutes/3 times a week. That is totally within one's power. Dr. Oz recommends walking 30 minutes a day. Everyday. No excuses. You can break it up into 3 ten minute chunks of time if you need to. Walking has the highest compliance rate of any exercise. It increases your stamina and as a daily routine establishes motivation and discipline. This is a great time of year to take a walk too. The jasmine is blooming and the weather is not too hot.

For the last 9 weeks I have been going to spin class twice a week. In that time I have only missed one class. I have to admit that I am proud of myself that I have kept it up consistently. It's about time I invested in shoes for class. Apparently there is a more efficient use of energy clipping in the pedals rather than strapping your tennies in.

Last week I took my spinning to a whole new dimension. I bought a hula hoop! and a DVD. Now this is some good fun, but watch out for small children and animals. I knocked the big dog right in the snoot while practicing. He likes to be underfoot. Now he is a little bit leery of the hoop, but otherwise unharmed. I will let you know when I become a bona fide hooperina dancing on my deck to the Nutcracker Suite.


No comments: