Thursday, March 31, 2011

Root! Root! Root!

Today is opening day of baseball.






































My hubby plays in the Dodgertown West Adult Baseball League. He loves it. This past January he played in a tournament at the Camelback Ranch in Arizona, where the Dodgers have their Spring Training facilities. I went along for the ride. While he was playing I was exploring the city. I took a yoga class at Urban Yoga and then drove to Tempe Yarn and Fiber and bought some yarn. However, this post is about baseball.

I am not really into sports, but I married a sports loving man. He's obsessive by personality and he loves the Dodgers and he loves playing baseball. We had a great trip to Arizona. He played four games and enjoyed every minute of it. He wrote about his experience on Dodger Thoughts and it was then posted to ESPN. Here's his story in honor of opening day. The photos in the post are by yours truly, except for the locker room shot.













Now get out there and Play Ball!

I prefer mine made out of yarn.

4 comments:

mj said...

I love baseball, too, and I'm going to the Dodger game tomorrow night! Congrats to Joe for the ESPN spot. I love baseball AND balls of yarn, so I'm not sure what that makes me!
Love to you.

Unknown said...

How neat! Loved the article! I'm like you though, give me a ball of yarn <3

Ellen Bloom said...

Very cool that ESPN appreciates Joe's fanatacism!!! Great photos, Ms. Natalie!

Paige said...

That's just awesome for Joe! Baseball season can't come soon enough for me. I love listening to games on the radio, with knitting and beverage close at hand.