Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happenings

What have I been up to?

DSC_0029
Eating well.

Hitting an all time high on the scale back in March, I decided to reclaim my body. Since then I have given up sugar, wheat, and dairy and began walking the canyon near my home on a regular basis. It's been been an incredible process. Occasionally I want to eat something decadent (who doesn't?), but I haven't been craving the sugar (my biggest weakness). My sleep has been better, I have lost weight and toned up, and, in general, I feel better than I have in a long while.


DSC_0079
Photography

These photographs are from my Basic Photography class with Julia Dean. I am only three weeks into the class, but my knowledge has really increased in how to use my camera. It's so nice to know what all those things are on the camera menu. I was really clueless and intimidated by my camera before class and just used it as an expensive point and shoot. Now I also know my camera's limitations and can work with them.


DSC_0050


DSC_0087


DSC_0029

What's happening with you?

5 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Wow! Great photos, Natalie! This class has really helped you!

Anonymous said...

Sugar. Wheat. and Dairy. hmmmm..... No baking, no cereal for breafast, no cream in my coffee. Nope, can't do it. I guess I will continue to sacrifice sleep and waistline for decadence. But kudos to you for being able to do it!

Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Your photographs are well done, you are most definitely using light to your advantage. Larry always says it's all about the light. Congratulations on your dietary changes - good for the body, good for the soul.

Jean said...

Wonderful photography! Good to hear about your class and the health-focused changes you've made. I've been feeling less healthy these days, so I need to get inspired to make some changes too.

carlita dee said...

So glad the changes are making you feel better. Lovely strawberries!