Friday, December 04, 2009

Hooked

on Grannies














Lookie what I got in the mail from my friend Carla!!! They are Susan Bates Aluminum & Bamboo crochet hooks. I love them. She has been making grannies squares galore in the form of pillows and now an afghan, which is coming along so beautifully. Of course, Ellen is our inspiration and mentor. She's the Queen of Crochet! Recently Carla was raving about the bamboo handles on the Susan Bates crochet hooks, but I couldn't find any at my local Joann's. Well the Hobby Lobby was stocked and near and dear to Carla so she traipsed on over there and bought up a bunch and sent them to me. YAY! You can always depend on your friends to support your habits! Carla and I are in deep together and I am thankful for that, but, man, do we miss having each other nearby for misadventure.

Following Ellen and Carla's lead I jumped on the Granny Band Wagon. It started with Sarah London's mystery crochet along in November. It said to grab a hook and green yarn and make grannies. Well I had both hook and yarn and went at it. After realizing that the mystery was a Christmas tree and advent calendar, I decided that I needed to rethink my project. A big ole granny tree is great but I don't need one that big. So I taking a cue from Ellen, I decided to make my squares into the Babette. There is something addicting about them granny squares and I am having a ton of fun making them.

















































Boot Camp: day 5












Check out my new running shoes against that big blue sky. The new shoes are great, so much more supportive than my old pair. At first I wasn't too keen on the pink color but now they make me happy when I look at them all covered in wet grass and working hard. The first week is down and there are two more to go. Woohoo. I am happy for that. I survived. Wednesday was the hardest day. My muscles were the most sore and I had a difficult time running that day. I am looking forward to a couple of days of recovery time before the whole thing starts again on Monday.

What are your plans for the weekend?

This weekend I am going to Camp Pluckyfluff at the Urban Craft Center to learn how to spin all manner of fabulousness into yarn. I am soooo excited.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: